Well hello there, good lookin'!
Working outside of the home is a nightmare when it comes to being on time. I feel like i'm always running behind schedule, and when i'm actually on time, i'm counting down the minutes to being back with my babe. I know some of you ladies relate, so I thought i'd share some of the things we do to save a little time around here, and i'd LOVE to hear yours!
1) Keep an extra outfit for your kid in the diaper bag AND the car. This one is a must. You don't have time to run back into the house when your kid blows out and you're already running 15 minutes behind for his baby well-check. Change him in the car when you arrive, and keep a spare in the diaper bag for when he inevitably spits up when you arrive :)
2) If you don't have time to change your baby when you're running late, you CERTAINLY don't have time to run back into the house and change yourself. I've learned to keep an extra top/scarf in my car at all times for those times your baby decides his bodily fluids belong all over you ;)
4) Keep a can of Dove Dry Spray Anti-perspirant withins arms reach at all times! Dove Dry Spray Antiperspirant has got you covered when it comes to wetness and odor protection. Make sure to check out their NEW Original Clean & Soothing Chamomile varieties next time you are out and about. Dove Dry Spray antiperspirant is the latest beauty trend you don't want to be the last to try-trust me! It goes on instantly dry with no visible residue while providing 48 hours of odor and wetness protection and Dove 1/4 moisturizers for softer, smoother underarms. Go to dove.com/trydry to learn more. #trydry Spray, go, and pat yourself on the back that you smell like soothing chamomile instead of spit up for once this week :)
5) Clip a hand sanitizer to your bag so you don't have to worry about finding it in the abyss that is your purse. Germs are everywhere, people!
6) This one is for your soul. Do yourself a favor, wake up 10 minutes before your babe in the morning to get yourself together, so when he/she does wake up, you can take some extra time to cuddle. Leaving part of your soul behind every day to go to work is no easy task, and those extra minutes kissing and singing songs will maybe not save you any time, but it will make all the difference in your day.
7) Ditch the nursing cover, and go for the double shirt method! Nursing in public is your right, and if you're comfortable without any coverage, I say, let loose, sister! But if you're like me, and the thought of nursing without some sort of coverage makes you nervous, try the double shirt method! I wear a tight tank top under my shirt, so it gets pulled down, and my other shirt pulled up, and then we don't have to bother taking the time to mess with a cover, because absolutely nothing is exposed! When my kid is losing it and the only way to calm him down is with a snack, the last thing I want to do is make him even more angry draping a blanket over his head.
8) Go ahead and load the car up the night before, and you will be glad you did. Remember number 6? You don't need to spend the morning toting bags to the car. Spend that precious time soaking up your little one! This has saved my sanity in the morning. Plus, how heavy are those infant seats once you pack up the babe? Holy cow! That takes two hands in itself, so if everything can be loaded up in advance, you'll save trips back and forth. Bonus points if you ask your husband to do this one for you ;)
9) Utilize that lunch break! I work 4 days a week, so that's 4 hours of adult-time to get some things done. I used to spend it on Facebook, slowly eating my lunch, and enjoying the quiet, and if that is your cup of tea, go on with your bad self! However, since i've used those precious 4 hours for errands, i've gotten 4 extra hours back during the weekend to play with Sawyer.
10) Last but not least, and one of the most life changing if you ask me, is buy a battery adapter for your breast pump! My job is a lot of driving back and forth between meetings, and being able to pump while I drive has been a GAME CHANGER! Multi tasking at it's finest ;)
I'm so proud to have partnered with Dove, they have us covered when it comes to saving time, and smelling delicious, and I promise, I can use all the help I can get in both of those categories these days!
What are some of your tips for saving time during the week? Any other moms out there who can help a sister out?
Thanks for stopping by!
Until Next Time,
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Dove Dry Spray Antiperspirant, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #trydry #instantlytrending #dovepartner http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV