So I guess it's here, folks. The end of Summer. This weekend didn't reach above 75, and I know that within 2 weeks, we'll be lucky to see the 70's at all. Football started this weekend, and I drank hot coffee for the first time all summer. I officially felt like I was kissing the warm months goodbye. I was tagged on instagram (@absolutelyarkansas) by two of my most favorite bloggers, Alina at The Closet Crush and Laura at Louella Reese to share my summer favorites...and I want to send off Summer '14 off with a bang, breaking down my favorites with links, descriptions, and more info than you could even care to know.
Some of these goodies i'll have to kiss goodbye for the Summer, others will stick along with me for the cold months, cause i'll never let go, Jack. Or something like that ;)
1) Without a doubt, SuperGoop wins my favorite thing of summer. It has all but completely replaced my regular foundation. I live for it. It's so moisturizing on my beyond dry skin, and the added SPF is the bee's knees! I used it in the beginning of Summer when creating 10 minute makeup, and just couldn't stop myself. This little baby will be around for months to come.
2) I can't get enough of Macadamia Healing Oil Mist. It smells so delicious, and it makes my hair angel soft. Seriously. I think that it glows a little bit. I even had someone stop me and ask if I could deliver a message to the big man upstairs for them. Okay, that didn't happen. But I still love the shit out of it. This will stick close by my side through Winter. We all know how dry my hair/skin gets during the cold months!
3) Speaking of dry skin, nothing beats Bliss Lemon and Sage Body Butter. It smells like freshly squeezed heaven, and i've never used a more moisturizing lotion. I'm obsessed with the scent so hard that I use it in every product I can get my hands on. I smell like a walking glass of lemonade. I think I should change this post title to my "favorites period" because this is another one in it for the long haul.
4) Have you ever used Vaseline Lip Therapy? I use it on my lips and as an eye cream. Its the bomb. Let's just leave it at that.
5) As everyone knows, the best part of my entire summer was marrying the love of my life. My Kate Spade Mrs. Necklace was my favorite accessory of the Summer, and once again, it's not going anywhere. I love her!
6) Finally! Something I can't take with me through Winter. I can't get enough of Bath & Body Works Summer Boardwalk Candle. All of Bath and Body's summer scents are so fantastic, but this one takes the cake. It's like caramel corn, sunscreen, and love.
7) So, in the middle of Summer I discovered this Walmart Clinique Dupe. I AM OBSESSED! I wish Walmart would start making dupes of ALL high end products! This Clinique skincare line has totally changed my skin. Probably my all time favorite find of summer.
8) Chino Shorts are my go-to all Summer long. This weekend I packed em up until next Spring. :( The fit and length are always perfect, and the colors are the cutest! I will miss you Chinos. Until next time.
9) Everytime i'm at Forever 21, I make it a point to pick up some Basic Tanks. They're a measly 1.80. Did you hear me? UNDER TWO DOLLARS! They come in one million and fifty colors, and you can bet your sweet booty that i'm wearing one under almost every single outfit I wear, ever. I will miss sleeping in them during the upcoming cool months. They were great companions through the hot times. :)
I'm wearing a tank in this picture. Also, my dog is effing adorable.
10) My most worn sunnies of Summer were without a doubt, my Mirrored Aviators. They make me feel instantly bad-ass and double as a way to check your lipstick on the go. I'll see you next Summer, aviators.
11) Y'all. My life has been forever changed by the Keurig 2.0. HAVE YOU SEEN THIS BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF MACHINERY?! It's the most gorgeous Keurig i've ever seen. With a touch screen interface, pretty lighting that makes your reservoir glow pretty colors, and drumroll please...IT BREWS AN ENTIRE POT OF COFFEE! Yep. You heard me right. It brews and entire pot of coffee. It is life changing. They hit stores this month, and trust me when I say, the first thing you'll want to do is go out and grab one for yourself!
It was an exceptional summer. Filled with more love, fun, and cocktails than one girl could ever hope for. We got to cross so many to-do's off our bucket list during Summer 2014, and as sad as I am to see her go, lets bring on the rest of the year!
What did I miss? Let me know your Summer Favorites in the comments below! The best part of end of summer-favorites is it's only a matter of time before they're on SALE! Shop my favorites down below, and don't forget to help a sister out by letting me in on your must haves!
Until Next Time,
** I was sent a Keurig 2.0 courtesy of Keurig and Influenster. I was asked to test and provide a review. All opinions are my own.