“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and DripDrop®, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #DrinkDripDrop #DripDropHydrates http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”
Happy Monday, friends!
It' a snowy Monday here, and i'm having a slow-go at the morning before trying to navigate the snowy roads. I thought that we might get lucky and have a February full of 60 degree days, but my luck just isn't that grand (or else I would have been one of those 3 people who won the power ball!)
Last week on instagram (@absolutelyarkansas) I mentioned that I had started taking Pilates and Barre classes on my lunch break, but that I totally had to rethink my gym bag! Between driving to the gym, changing, working out, then getting back into office clothes and making myself presentable, I need products in my gym bag that are going to get me in and out in record time!
- 1. Headphones! I wish that I had some amaze-balls Beats by Dre, but these we picked up at Walmart for seriously 15 dollars and I love them!
- 2. A cute waterbottle is a must. This one is glass which I love, because I can quickly rinse it and throw it back in my bag.
- 3. Obviously a hairbrush is necessary for taming my sweaty locks ;)
- 4. Mac Fix+ is the perfect refresher to make my skin glow, without looking like I just got all sweaty ;)
- 5. Makeup wipes are important for touching up my makeup, but I will also use it to "sponge bath" so I don't stink up my cubicle. :)
- 6. DripDrop! Have y'all tried this? It will replenish you in a snap, and tastes so great too!
- 7. Dry shampoo. I've mentioned before that NYM dry shampoo is my holy grail, and it adds the perfect amount of volume while absorbing and sweat that might have happened in the gym,
- 8. I always pack a little makeup bag for touchups...see below!
In my makeup bag I add some double-duty products so that I can refresh my look without having to pack my entire vanity. Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation is mattifying and full coverage while being so easy to apply. I also use a brightening concealer quickly patted under my eye to brighten up my entire face. With a little lip stain on my lips and cheeks, i'm ready to head back to work!
A cute bag never hurts either. :)
The most important thing I can do for myself after a sweaty workout is replenish and hydrate with DripDrop. Did you know when you're exercising you can lose up to a half gallon of your hydration through sweat? Woah! Thats a ton. The main electrolyte you lose is salt, and most sports drinks claim to replenish those electrolytes, when in reality they've added tons of sugar and reduced the sodium which doesn't aid in replenishing you at all, and adds sugar-calories you don't want after you just worked out!
You can purchase DripDrop in the baby aisle at CVS, and even better, print out this coupon (good through 2/21) for $1.00 off your purchase! (while supplies last) Let me know if you love it!
What things are a must in your gym bag? I'm always switching it up, so i'd love to hear what you can't work-out without!