Happy Tuesday, ya'll!
I'm so stinking excited to take part in the Christmas Traditions blog hop hosted by Rach over at Like a Saturday. If you're visiting from Place of my Taste, WELCOME! Today I want to share with you a top-secret tradition in our home, Grandma's Christmas Snickerdoodles.
This recipe is my great grandma Eileen's treasured recipe that my family has enjoyed for years and years. I can remember sitting on my Grandma Helm's kitchen counter as a toddler rolling the dough into balls and through the cinnamon sugar and watching in amazement as the round balls turned into cookies in the oven.
I can't wait for the day that Jake and I have little's so we can share the memories with them, sticky fingers and all.
So because this recipe is sealed under lock-and-key and I couldn't get family permission to share, i'm going to share a similar recipe that might not be quite as special, but is as delicious as my great-grandmas.
You will need:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer) cream together your butter and both sugars until well blended; then add your eggs and vanilla, and mix until thoroughly combined
- Add dry ingredients to wet until a dough is formed (don't overmix)
- Scoop out dough and roll into perfect balls, placing on a cookie sheet
- Refrigerate your dough balls for at least 1 hour so they don't bake flat
- Take out, roll in cinnamon sugar, and get ready to bake!
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. TRUST ME when I say, take them out at 10 minutes! They will be slightly under cooked but will finish cooking out of the oven, and this is a sure way to get that delicious chewy center.
These cookies are seriously delicious and pretty darn close to my great-grandma's recipe. Serve 'em warm with a glass of milk and there won't be any leftover for Santa Clause Christmas Eve :)
What are some of your Christmas traditions? I'd love to hear in the comments below! Afterwards, make sure you head over to visit I Should be Mopping the Floor to check out what makes Christmas special in their family.
PS...do you love Target? Do you want to win a$500.00 shopping spree to Target?! Enter our giveaway HERE!
Thank you so much for coming by!
Until Next Time,